Wednesday, 31 December 2014
Together, we celebrate you and the tremendous accomplishments of the past year!
What an amazing year 2014 has been! As we reflect on the successes of the past months, we wish to thank you. Your commitment to our mission through your volunteer hours, in-kind gifts, financial support, and advocacy, has enabled us to touch the lives of hundreds of families in Middle Tennessee.
Together, we are providing families the necessary tools to break the cycle of addiction and poverty. This year, we were reminded of the lifelong impact Renewal House has on mothers and their children: we learned of a former resident working toward earning her MBA; a former child of Renewal House who began undergraduate studies at Vanderbilt University; and another child of a Renewal House mother who will soon graduate from the University of Tennessee and begin medical school.
This vital work - bringing health and stability to the lives of families affected by addiction and unlocking the potential of each mother and child - is made possible through the generous contributions of friends like you.
Please consider a year-end donation in support of Renewal House. Again, thank you for all that you do to provide new beginnings to mothers and their children.
From our family to yours, may you have a happy and healthy New Year!
Posted on 12/31/2014 11:35 AM by Jennifer Wheeler
Wednesday, 10 December 2014
Ways to Help Renewal House this Holiday Season
We would love your help ensuring a happy and healthy holiday season for our families. Here are five ways to get involved now:
- Provide "Helpings" for Holiday Dinners- We are seeking donations of turkeys, canned goods, fresh produce, and disposable bakeware. Desired items include green beans, pecans, pie filling and shells, marshmallows, and $25 Kroger or Wal-Mart gift cards.
- Bundle Up - Baby, it's cold outside! We could use new or like-new coats, scarves, mittens, gloves, raincoats, umbrellas and stroller-covers for children, newborn to 10 years, and our moms. We would also love donations of pajamas, long-sleeved onesies, thermals, socks, and under-clothing for the families. For a complete wish list, please click here.
- Adopt-a-Family for the Holiday - We are looking for individuals, families, and corporations to adopt a Renewal House family, providing presents and smiles for our mothers and their children.
- Prepare an Apartment for a Family - We need your help painting, cleaning, and organizing apartments for mothers and their children. We anticipate several families moving in prior to the holiday, as we all just after. If you would like to sign-up your group of four - eight people, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Shop Using AmazonSmile - This is a simple way for you to help Renewal House. Just follow this link to designate a portion of your purchases to Renewal House while receiving the same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com.
To participate in any of the above opportunities, please contact Jennifer Wheeler, Development Director, at (615) 255-5222 ext. 106 or email@example.com.
Posted on 12/10/2014 1:28 PM by Jennifer Wheeler