Renewal House is seeking a full-time Director of Development to oversee the implementation of all fund development activities of the agency, including fundraising events, donor engagement and solicitations, community engagement, grants management, and marketing.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in generating revenue. Candidates will be able to effectively manage employees to successfully meet fundraising and engagement goals. This candidate should have prior experience with successful fundraising and event management, managing a donor database, and utilizing marketing tools. This position is an integral part of the fund development team and must be committed to working in this team environment to ensure goals are met. The ideal candidate will be able to handle a diverse workload with efficiency and flexibility. If you are looking for a rewarding and challenging opportunity, this may be a good fit for you!
About Renewal House
Renewal House is a comprehensive addiction recovery community for women in recovery and their children, which includes family residential services for pregnant and parenting women and licensed intensive outpatient and recovery support services for women. Renewal House is committed to providing high-quality services for families to help families recover together. This fast-paced work environment offers an opportunity to have a real impact on families in our community.
The Director of Development is responsible for the following:
Meeting and exceeding fundraising goals through oversight of all fundraising/event efforts, other fundraising campaigns, and solicitations of individual and corporate donors to meet revenue goals.
Ensuring the agency’s donor database is maintained appropriately.
Increasing awareness of Renewal House through community engagement activities, marketing, social media activities, website management.
Overseeing the recruitment and management of individual and group volunteers, including donations of in-kind items and pro-bono services.
Overseeing grants management process from opportunity research to award and reporting.
Supervising three full-time staff members (Community Engagement Coordinator, Development & Events Coordinator, and Grants Manager), volunteers, and interns.
Serving as a member of the Renewal House leadership team.
• Broad-based skills and experience that would typically be obtained through a Bachelor’s degree with at least 2 years of experience. Master’s degree is preferred.
• Experience with successful fundraising campaigns, including event planning.
• Experience with donor database management – Raisers Edge experience is preferred.
• Marketing and Social Media experience – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Linked In.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate with different audiences.
• Computer skills including office suite software, image editing or graphic design software, donor tracking software, and social media platforms.
• Organized, enthusiastic and self-motivated.
• Ability to multi-task and work independently.
• Valid Tennessee driver’s license with good driving record.
How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to Pamela Sessions, CEO via email to email@example.com or via fax to 615-255-4090.